S30R Baton III
● Industrial silicone wide switch for optimal performance and longevity
● Narrow diameter perfect for pocket/descrete belt carry while still allowing for a high runtime 18650 battery
● No roll design with distinct angles. Magnetic charging offering the easiest way to charge your light on the market
- Technical Details
The S30R Baton III (S30R III in short) is the third generation of our flagship S30R flashlight series. This flashlight includes our signature Olight blue accents with the latest Cree XM-L2 LED that covers an output range from 0.5~1,050 lumens. The S30R III is equipped with our Olight branded high performance 3500mAh 18650 rechargeable battery and USB desktop charger with suction cups on the bottom for improved stability on any surface. The S30R III is also compatible with the portable USB magnetic charging cable as an optional charging accessory (MCC) which can work with power banks for charging on the go. The high output, portability, convenient charging, and long runtime can meet all your illumination needs for home, travel, and the great outdoors.
- ● One customized 3500mAh 18650 battery included providing a maximum output up to 1050 lumens.
- ● Utilizes a smooth aluminum reflector which provides an improved beam focus for medium and close-range illumination paired with a hardened glass lens that is coated allowing for a 99% light transmission rate.
- ● The S30R III is shorter by 3mm in length, reaching 114mm than the previous S30RII.
- ● Magnetic tail cap that allows it to be secured to ferrous metal surfaces for hands free work.
- ● New USB desktop charging dock provided. This flashlight also has a charging port that is compatible with Olight magnetic charging cables which can be used for charging on the go.
- ● Low power indicator under the side switch. When the battery voltage is running low (below 3.1V) it will glow red.
- ● Thermal management program to protect the users’ hand and flashlight from heat. The 1050 lumen turbo mode will stay on for two minutes before stepping down to the 500 lumen high mode within one minute.
- ● Direct access to turbo mode: when the flashlight is off and not under lockout mode, double click to activate the turbo mode.
- ● Timer function: long timer (9 minutes) and short timer (3 minutes).
|Beam Distance (ft)||616|
|Beam Distance (m)||188|
|Max. Performance (lumens)||1050|
|Charge type||Magnetic USB charge base|
|Compatible Batteries||customised 18650|
|Light Intensity (candela)||8840|
|Light Form||Standard hotspot diameter with impressive distance. The perfect all-around beam profile.|
|Lens / Reflector Type||Smooth reflector (central area and flood area)|
|Mode Operation||Side Switch|
|Form/Size Factor||Medium size (Permanent Marker)|
|Series||Series S (EDC, General Use)|
|LEVEL 1 (lumens)||1050|
|Run-time LEVEL 1||
|LEVEL 2 (lumens)||500|
|Run-time LEVEL 2||
|LEVEL 3 (lumens)||120|
|Run-time LEVEL 3||
|LEVEL 4 (lumens)||12|
|Run-time LEVEL 4||
|LEVEL 5 (lumens)||0.5|
|Run-time LEVEL 5||
|SOS / BEACON||No|
|Weight (g / oz)||110 / 3.88|
|Length (mm / in)||114 / 4.48|
|Head Diameter (mm / in)||25.3 / 0.99|
|Body Diameter (mm / in)||21.5 / 0.84|
|Packaging||Custom plastic enclosure.|
|Use||everyday carry , key-chain, car, camping, fishing, household, EDC, general use|
- I love this S30R Baton III. Took it with me on a road trip to the Great Smoky Mountains and Mammoth Cave. Plenty of brightness and good decent throw. So far I have 8 Olight flashlights...make it 9. I just ordered the Warrior X tan bundle. Great product!!
- The perfect nightstand light, especially with the micro-dot iii charger. And this thing has crazy long run times with the included 3500mah battery. Has nice spill but even better throw.
- Best freaking flashlight ever. I was on deployment for 7 months, about half way into it our ship had started to lose its main gyro compass due to massive power failures. The first two times this happened was in the dead of night while I was at the helm. When we lost electrical power the computer gyro would go down so I had to use the aux gyro to steer by but without power the aux gyro couldn't be seen because its back lighting went down with the power. Thankfully I had my S30R on me, I threw it on moonlight mode, clipped it to my cover and continued about my watch without a problem. Later the OOD (Officer Of the Deck) asked where I got the light and if he could get one too. I have had the light over a year now and am going to buy a second one just in case I lose my first one. My only wish is that it had a red or green light option, we aren't supposed to use white light top side so a red lens would be epic. Either way, well done O'light, I will be using your produces again.
- The only reason I’m giving this light 5 stars is because there’s no way to give it 6. This is my go to light, it is ALWAYS in my pocket. With 4 different intensity settings and a strobe feature it is the perfect every day light. I love the magnetic charger, it couldn’t be an easier system to use. Also Olight stands behind their product, my first one developed a flaw and failed. Olight promptly replaced it, no questions asked. Superb product, you won’t be disappointed.
- I have owned several Olights and not one has ever failed - EVER. I recently purchased this light, the S30R Baton III to upgrade from my Baton S2, which still performs perfectly after heavy work use for 3+ years. The main benefit of this newer model over the older model, besides having more lumens, is the magnetic rechargeable base. As long as you have the base with you, you can charge from almost any cellphone charger or even your computer USB ports! No more having to carry around a battery charger and multiple batteries in case no wall power outlet is available for your charger.
I understand the issue some users may have with the power button placement. It can take some getting used to for some. I have found that the more you handle the light, the more effortless it becomes orienting the button with the belt clip, making it easier to find.
Charging, size, lumens, features,…. If you only carry one flashlight, this is the one to carry.
- I do like this light alot, plenty bright as everyone says. I like the charging system and I piggy back it to my cell phone charger. the biggest drawback in my opinion is the only way to turn it on...I find the button very hard to find especially in the dark, my solution is to have it slightly offset to the pocket clip, however all to often it doesnt make it any easier to find.. even when its on the night stand I grab it and fumble around till I can find the switch, for this reason its not my favorite of the Olights i have
- First, I really like the aesthetics of the Olight S30R Baton III. The blue accents are stunning.
This flashlight throws the light far and maintains a bright beam at a distance. The charging doc is fantastic. Suction cups on the bottom of the charging doc allow for one-hand pick up once charging is done. The charge indicator lights are also very helpful.
The Baton III is slightly more compact than the Baton II, but definitely enough to tell a difference in the way it fits in your hand. I like the many light levels and the strobe feature. The 3 and 9-minute timer feature is a nice addition to this light.
The pocket clip is in a great position and the shape allows for secure placement on a hat or in a pocket.
Overall, I'd recommend this to others as a nice EDC light that's versatile and handy to have around. It's almost the perfect light and I don't see how they could improve on it anymore.
- I am beyond impressed with the S30RIII what an amazing lite 15 hours on medium mode is more than enough power to get anything done in my world. Thank you Olight.
- This is my first Olight S30R Baton III and all I can say is WOW its a very bright light for its size and it holds a charge very well, I use it every day. I will be getting a different size olight light soon.
- This is my first Olight 18650 light, but not my first Olight. I have several of the 16340 based lights and love them for their size and options of body materials. This light is purely their big brother, it still feels great in the hand, carries well and this one cranks out over 1000 lumens. But, please be aware... with the smallish reflector it really comes in as a flooder with a decent hotspot. It will light 100 yards, but really shines in the 60 yard range.
I love the Olight charging system, it is very convenient. I have many lights that require the battery to be removed to charge, and I do not mind them. But for EDC, this is very handy! The kit includes the Micro Dock, I almost wish it included the Magnetic Charging Cable for ease of charging on the road.
I love it and will use it often.