M2R Pro Warrior
- Technical Details
Please be aware that camouflage colorations and patterns may vary.
The M2R Pro Warrior is the newest version of OLIGHT two-button straight tactical flashlight. It features a single 5000mAh 21700 rechargeable lithium battery and TIR lens for uniform light. The maximum output and distance reaching 1800 lumens and 300 meters. Newly designed magnetic USB charging wire can hold 2A current. It is an excellent defensive tool with an aggressive strike bezel.
|Beam Distance (ft)||984|
|Beam Distance (m)||300|
|Max. Performance (lumens)||1800|
|Charge type||Magnetic USB charging cable|
|Compatible Batteries||1 x Customized 5000mAh 21700 chargeable lithium battery|
|Light Intensity (candela)||22,400|
|Light Form||Uniform light|
|Lens / Reflector Type||Reflector and TIR Optic Lens|
|Mode Operation||Dual Switch|
|Form/Size Factor||Medium size (Permanent Marker)|
|Series||Series M (Tactical, Military)|
|LEVEL 1 (lumens)||1800(~750lm) (~250lm)|
|Run-time LEVEL 1|
|LEVEL 2 (lumens)||750 (~250lm)|
|Run-time LEVEL 2|
|LEVEL 3 (lumens)||250|
|Run-time LEVEL 3|
|LEVEL 4 (lumens)||60|
|Run-time LEVEL 4||40hrs|
|LEVEL 5 (lumens)||15|
|Run-time LEVEL 5|
|LEVEL 6 (lumens)||1|
|Run-time LEVEL 6|
|SOS / BEACON||No|
|Weight (g / oz)||179 / 6.31|
|Length (mm / in)||136.50 / 5.37|
|Head Diameter (mm / in)||29.5 / 1.16|
|Body Diameter (mm / in)||26.20 / 1.03|
|Led||High Performance NW LED|
|Use||Tactical / Self- defense / Outdoor|
- Added to my bag, a true EDCI'd been looking for a new light to attach to the webbing on my EDC bag (which is OD and "coyote"), so the FDE-ish brown seemed like a no-brainer. What a great light, though!? This is my first really throwy light and I still haven't been able to find a place to actually push it. The tail-switch makes sense for the form, but I'm mostly just excited that it's still a surprisingly strong magnet for hands-free use.
- Buy it‼️This tactical light rocks sending 1800 lumens down range is like turning on a grade laser it packs a punch especially love the moonlight mode surprisingly long battery life on low mode and fast charging time .... Just Buy it!
- Perfect EDCI think this is the perfect pocket light. If you carry a light, you need a good pocket light to go with it. This is it. Also great for tech work. Mag isn't strong enough to wall attach but grabs to steel ceiling pretty well. Definitely suggested.
- Great lightThe only down side is the special battery that wont disconnect when you loosen the cap like the older model. Other than that everything else is a big improvement brighter, natural color, longer run time, and easier tail switch operation.
- Wow!I purchased the Desert Tan version of this light with the I3T EOS bundle during the Black Friday sale. I couldn't pass up on this deal. Great addition to my Olight collection. Very good size for EDC.
- Great product that keeps getting betterI have the original M2R Warrior and four of the M2R Warrior Pros. The pros are a great advancement of the product with the new illuminated switch and strike bezel. The colors are great too - I have the camouflage, two of the brown - these new colors are great.
- Great backup or edcI got this as a backup to our duty streamlights after another officer showed me one of his olights he carried. Its very bright and has great distance for as small as is it. I would recommend it to anyone to use as a backup or for your edc.
- wowThis is my fifth olights flashlight; I have the m2r that I already thought was fantastic, but this new m2r pro is even better!
- Nice design with dual switches, but could be even betterI bought the M2R Pro in both black and camo during a flash sale. The fit and finish on both is excellent as you would expect from Olight. The camo version has a lot of dark colors to it. I would not have minded more tan and light green. I realize there are no two alike in the camo and it was just the luck of the draw. I still like the uniqueness of it. Even the threads on the body are camo. The tailcap takes about six complete turns before it comes off. The M2R Pro will still function even if the tailcap is loose, unlike with the Seeker 2 Pro, which must be screwed on as tight as it gets. The bezel and ring around the side switch on the black version are blue, whereas on the camo version, they are black. The new grooves around the body provide a very good grip. I like it better than the checkering on other Olights. The holster is barely long enough to hold the M2R Pro and it has a buckle lock that can often require two hands to open and close it. Velcro or a magnetic closure would have worked better in my opinion. It would not be a bad thing if Olight made the interior of the holster just a little more roomy to hold other lights of similar size or to at least be able to insert the M2R Pro into more easily. The M2R Pro fits almost too snugly, especially if the clip is attached to it. I worry about bumping or leaning into something and accidentally turning on the side switch. There are holes at the top and bottom of the holster. Both have metal grommets on them, whereas on the Seeker 2 Pro holster, the holes had stitching around the edges of the holes. The side switch can be difficult to locate in a hurry. Using the clip as an index can help. The dual clip is very stiff. It can be worn in either direction and can be attached near the bezel or near the tailcap. The lanyard has the comfortable feel of neoprene. It comes with a nice adjuster too, but the lanyard is too short. Even adjusted to the widest/longest setting, the diameter is still only about 3”. I have small hands and it was difficult to get my hand through the loop. It would be even harder if the user were wearing gloves. I have noticed this from Olight for years and with many of their lights. It cannot cost that much more to make the lanyard two or three inches longer. The new strike bezel is a welcome addition to the previous bezel design. It is not overly sharp but I can see it tearing a hole in your pocket over time if it is facing bezel down. The tailcap is magnetic and can hold while stuck to something metal upside-down. It cannot be attached to something sideways because it is too heavy and it will fall down.
The M2R Pro is listed as a thrower and it definitely is. There is a usable amount of spill light but just barely. The concentrated beam is needed to achieve the farther throwing distance. Tint is neutral white. The NW tint is different on the two M2R Pros I purchased. It does not seem as bright as a cool white tint, but NW gives better color rendition and 1800 LU is still bright enough for most long distance uses. The tailcap switch works as advertised. It gives two different modes. 250 LU (Med-1) / 1800 LU (Turbo), or Turbo / Strobe at 1800 LU. 250 LU is too bright for close-up work. I would have liked to have seen 60 LU (Med-2 or even the 15 LU Low mode) / Turbo instead. The Turbo / Strobe is great for tactical purposes and a very useful mode for Law Enforcement. Runtime on Turbo is listed at four and a half mins. I got a little under four mins before it slowly ramped down to the lower level. The beam gets hot and after about 20 seconds, it was too hot to hold my hand in front of the lens. After about one and a half mins, the bezel became too hot for me to hold. High and Med-1 also yielded slightly shorter runtimes than stated on the specs by approx 15-20%. Perhaps after a few cycles of the brand new battery, runtimes will reach the specs. Otherwise, they were more than adequate. I did not perform runtime test on Med-2, Low or Moonlight.
The dedicated MCC3 charging cable is short at barely over 20”. I was under the impression the MCC3 would be backwards compatible with previous Olight rechargeables lights, but it did not work on my Seeker 2 Pro. The MCC1 that came with my Seeker 2 Pro did work on the M2R Pro, but it took twice as long to charge. I called Olight and was told the two chargers were not interchangeable and to use the charger that comes with the light. I wish Olight would develop a charger that can charge all their customized batteries OUTSIDE of the flashlight with a single charger. It would be handy to still able to use the light AND charge a spare battery at the same time. Charging the battery inside the light takes the light out of commission during that time. Perhaps in the near future, Olight will develop such a charger. I would definitely buy one if / when they do. The M2R Pro can tail stand on its three prongs at the tail end, but you have to make sure the MCC3 attaches perfectly, otherwise you can get a false reading of green, leading you to believe the M2R Pro does not need charging. I had to wiggle the charger around just a little bit to make sure it was seated perfectly and making proper contact to the tailcap.
The M2R Pro has its pros and cons, but overall, I am happy with my purchase.
- Awesome lightI love this light. I have had my eye on the m2r warrior for some time but never pulled the trigger as I didn't 100% love it. Then i saw the flash sale for Halloween on the new pro. Went for it and glad I did. I like all the upgrades of the pro better. This light blows some of my other brands of lights out of the water. Great throw and hotspot for a light this size. The side switch or tail cap are easy to use and navigate through the different settings. My only complaint just as a personal thing is the magnetic tail cap. Its not strong enough to hold the weight of the light in a horizontal position (not a deal breaker). So for me with the type of work I do, it just ends up collecting metal shavings and fines on it. I'm having to use an air compressor to blow the metal off at least once a day. Other than that tiny thing, I love everything about this light.
- Nailed it !As a PhD scientist and having worked in product development my entire career I can say this new M2R Pro is a great example of Design Thinking. They truly listened to the customer, understood their needs, prioritized them well and designed a product with the right specifications to meet those needs. It's one of the few products that I can honestly say I am 100% satisfied with-- I cannot think of anything I would change. Keep up the great work Olight. You are the gold standard for customer-centric design in my book ;).
- Another great lightThis is my 7th or 8th Olight. With that said I'm no pro by far. I am understanding this whole light thing tho... Starting to...
I had know idea what throw meant, flooding ect.
The amount of light, how compact ect is amazing to me.
So to the point on this light.
In short.... It's a great all around light.
EDC light, glove box, back pack, camping ECT. You name it this light is small enough to fit and bright enough to cover just anything any average task you can think of... Next time I take advantage of the flash sale... I'm not gonna say.... I should have bought 2. IMO this light is fits the bill for almost anything.
I'm becoming a stinking light-Aholic.
- Awesome light, terrible pocket clipLove the light, love the brightness options. Love the magnetic charger. Hate the pocket clip. You eed two hands to secure properly in your pocket. Tough to do when you’re on a traffic stop.
- The Best Olight I have ever ownedI love this light so much I bring it everyday. Its a bad ass flashlight. Its a little heavy but I really don't care about the weight. Its gives me peace of mind when I have this with me. My only regret is not getting the bundle. Other than that, this is going to be with me everyday for a very long time! Nice one, Olight!
- Great LightGreat light I like olights I have two and will be buying more soon I'm a flashlight junkie
- Good lightOlight cares about max lumens. I don’t. I usually do not use the turbo function. I just don’t. I love the M2R Warrior. The M2R Pro is a bit different type of cat. It will hold brightness a little longer. It has a larger battery. It also has a tighter beam configuration. Less spill. OK...? This one may be acceptable for me. It casts a nice beam, but, has some staying power. A minute or two. Not a lot. I want continues............. I love Olights. M2R Pro, M2R’s, M1T’s or I3E EOS. To dumb to buy something else.
- Awesome light!I’m new to the olight flashlights, but have been eyeing them for awhile due to how awesome they looked. I was particularly interested in the m2r warrior but I held off for awhile and glad I did. I purchased the new pro m2r Warrior and it’s everything I was looking for with it’s upgrades. So glad they changed from the more blue tone to the Neutral white. That was a game changer. Looking forward to adding more lights to my collection. I did a throw comparison with my tool and the M2R warrior pro and not even close. M2R is a beast considering the size. Hot spot is phenomenal. Javelot pro is next in line. Please have a crazy good sale on it soon....
- Best yetI have almost every olight out and I’ve carried my m2r warrior everyday for a long time and since the release this is now my all time Favorite light ever no exceptions!
- Overall happyThe light is good. Very good beam. This thing throws I think further then they claim.
I wish olight would start selling more cables and the 21700 battery alone. I wish there was a bundle with an extra cord and battery because I like to swap them out while on shift or keep a backup battery in my vehicle.
Upgraded from a olight baton s2r and happy with it
- Great hefty light with dual button operation.Been using Olight for a couple years now and decided it is time to leave a review. They are great/durable lights for the price, and they look good. Construction, materials and styling are great and the magnetic charging is so convenient and satisfying. My latest edition to my collection is the M2R Pro Warrior in both the black and camo colors. As usual the contents are well packed and clean. First impressions, the light is chunky with good weight and may be the limit of what you would want to carry for an EDC light. For me it is a little too big and heavy and will not replace the Baton Pro that I carry in my pocket everyday, but will always be close by in my vehicle or backpack. Living on Oahu having a good quality light to wonder around at night in any weather is indispensable. I've been using the Olights in pouring rain, dropped it in puddles in the jungle, use it while snorkeling at night and lately looking for chameleons. The M2R Pro Warrior has been great so far in a variety of conditions. It is very bright with good throw and with the 21700 battery has a good gas tank as well. On Turbo this baby gets real hot. At less than 2 minutes on Turbo the light was too hot to handle and had to switch hands for a few more seconds before turning it off. I figure that it will fare better in Turbo mode when mounted. Also with the warmer climate here it may lead to less cooling and limiting my use of Turbo to just short emergency bursts. The charger is comes with is different and will stop charging at 95% charge, so if you're use to topping off your flashlight after every use the charger will not start charging until the battery has drained some, which is perfectly normal for a higher amp battery and charger setup. The strike bezel on the head is nice, not too aggressive but definitely functional. Also noticed that it does screw off, assuming they did this to remove the strike bezel for traveling on a plane or carrying the light in other sensitive areas. It would also be cool to be able to purchase different style bezels as replacements if a tooth gets bent from a drop or to give the light a different look. Overall this is a good light and I'm happy to have it in my collection.
- The best light I have ever ownedI have several Olight but this one is the best for me. I like the aggressive bezel, the beam, the weight, everything. Its not the brightest light I own but it has become my favorite EDC despite of its size.
- Great LightThe camouflage color looks amazing and the light is very powerful but compact. The new bezel is great and the tail switch is responsive. I am glad that I waited to pick up the pro version because it looks like it is a major improvement over the original model.
- Excellent lightExcellent quality. But like the first review says every different model olight has different charger and that means you’ll have many charger on wall for different size model olight. Should be one charger compatible for all.
- Amazing product definitely purchasing more for the FamilyPurchased the camo warrior pro with zero reservations and once again in the week I've owned it has been nothing short of above the bar .Olight continously raises the bar with premium products for a economical price as for durability only time will tell but with a 5 year warranty it's a "No brainer purchase. "Bravo Zulu" Olight keep up the amazing work.
- Very Nice!I bought this light as a package with the rail mount and pressure switch. Machining and finish (black) are beautiful. The bezel is sharp and should be pretty good for defensive strikes. The raised tail switch makes it easier to activate compared to the original M2R copper that I have.
I like the two brightness levels you can activate with the tail switch because sometimes you don't need full power. The charge indicator light on the side switch is nice to have.
The new magnetic charger works with all my Olights.
The beam on this one is almost all throw and little spill. I would have liked a little more spill but you can't have everything. Has no problem illuminating the treeline at 200 yards.
Nice addition to my Olight collection. My name is John and I'm a flashlight addict.
- Overall AwesomeVery bright, great ergonomics, only downside is that it has its own proprietary magnetic charger. Other olight magnetic chargers don't work with this light. I bought it in part for this reason, favoring cross compatibility. Bummer.
The charger for this light doesn't work on many other olights, and other olight chargers dont work on this light.
- Beautiful lightThe camo pattern looks amazing and all the cut outs make for great grip and i love the aggressive bezel. Perfect light for walking the dog at night.