● Maximum output of 2,300 lumens making the H2R the brightest single 18650 battery light
● Multiple use options including an easily detachable head strap mount turning it into a hand held light
● Rechargeable through OLIGHT's signature magnetic charging system
● Low battery warning. The light will blink once per minute when the battery is running low, and continuously blink twice when it is running out
● Slightly angled surface for the switch to locate it easily in the dark and promote more natural operation
- Technical Details
Cool white LED
The H2R is Olights first 18650 battery headlamp/pocketlight with a groundbreaking 2300 ANSI rated lumens. H2R is an LED illumination tool powered by a single 18650 battery with a maximum output of 2300 lumens.
This light is a multi-use illumination tool that can be used as a headlamp with the included head strap that features a magnetic mount that wraps around the light for a secure and firm hold. When detached from the mount it can also turn into a hand held light using the provided pocket clip.
The H2R battery can be charged directly through the tail cap of the light using OLIGHT's signature magnetic charging cable.
The high output and versatility of the H2R make it a powerful and vital tool for activities in the dark
Olight H2R Flashlight cool white x 1
pocket clip x 1
head strap x 1
silicone mount x 1
customised Olight 18650 3000mAh x 1
Magnetic Charging Cable x 1
EVA Pad (replacement of the magnet)
Single-sided Adhesive Replacement EVA Pad
instruction manual x 1
|Beam Distance (ft)||501|
|Beam Distance (m)||153|
|Max. Performance (lumens)||2300|
|Charge type||Magnetic USB charge base|
|Compatible Batteries||customised 18650|
|Light Intensity (candela)||5850|
|Light Form||Wide/broad hotspot. Perfect for up close illumination.|
|Lens / Reflector Type||TIR bead lens (wide/broad beam)|
|Mode Operation||Front Switch|
|Form/Size Factor||Medium size (Permanent Marker)|
|Series||Series H (Headlamps, Multitasking)|
|LEVEL 1 (lumens)||2300|
|Run-time LEVEL 1|
2300 lumens(~750lm) - Cool White
2000 lumens(~700lm) - Neutral White (out of stock)
|LEVEL 2 (lumens)|
|Run-time LEVEL 2|
600 lumens - Cool White
550 lumens - Neutral White (out of stock)
|LEVEL 3 (lumens)||150|
|Run-time LEVEL 3|
150 lumens - Cool White
140 lumens - Neutral White(out of stock)
|LEVEL 4 (lumens)||30|
|Run-time LEVEL 4|
30 lumens - Cool White
27 lumens - Neutral White(out of stock)
|LEVEL 5 (lumens)||1|
|Run-time LEVEL 5|
1 lumens - Cool White
1 lumens - Neutral White(out of stock)
|SOS / BEACON||Yes|
|Weight (g / oz)||64 / 2.26|
|Length (mm / in)||110 / 4.33|
|Head Diameter (mm / in)||25 / 0.95|
|Body Diameter (mm / in)||23.2 / 0.91|
|Packaging||Custom plastic enclosure.|
|Use||everyday carry , car, camping, fishing, household, EDC, general use, fishing, climbing, cave exploration, outdoor activities, house activities|
- My workhorse light.I use this light everyday at work. I work graveyard out on the road on down traffic lights. This baby lights up the work area with no problem. I just hook it up the my high vis vest and work with both my hands. Definitely durable and waterproof.
- H2RI purchased this light about 3 years ago and been using it almost everyday since. On vacation it lit up the whole beach everyone was impressed with it. I use it for hunting, working outdoors this light has been my go to. I couldn’t ask for a better EDC. Thumbs up to Olight!!!
- My Favorite OlightI've owned this flashlight for going on two years, and having bought more than a dozen other Olights (some as gifts), it still remains my favorite Olight. This flashlight is superior to the Perun (which I bought as a gift) in my opinion, being noticeably brighter in turbo mode.
- Perfect for daily farm chores.I purchased this light for my wife for when we have to put our animals away after dark. She loves it because it provides the convenience of a headlight & the ability to really light up the field or tree line to check for predators. Great product!
- Love itUse it every day for extended periods never dies usually charge ever 2 to 3 weeks great light output and not that you ever really need it but the 2300 lumens if no joke
- OutstandingI now own 4 Olight's. I mainly bought this for work, to be placed on my hardhat. Everything about the light itself is..... Just as I have came to expect from Olight..... impressive. my co-workers you're always asking me to come over so they can see. They'll be getting there soon :) The other trades I work with are also impressed by the quality, craftsmanship, brightness or lack " moon light setting "of as well.
I love my light, I love all my olights.
The only negative I have is it does fall off my hard hat. maybe they could put an option or something to include a rubber or something a little sticky for situations like this. However I have remedied mine and I couldn't be happier. The levels of brightness from Moon to Turbo does the job and then some. I will be buying another one here soon, maybe 2 one for the wife for camping hunting Walking you get the picture. IMO the money you pay for the quality we get is in one word awesome. Thank you Olght, y'all make great product. This isn't a cheap China knockoff... This is something I could see handing off to someone years down the road and still working just fine.
- My Everyday LightThis H2R is the first light I bought from Olight. It's my every day carry light. It goes everywhere with me and I literally use it everyday. It tuff, the battery last a long time between charges. I durable, I have dropped this on concrete, in water, in my engine. The difference light levels are fantastic, and turbo mode and awesome especially in the woods. I love the head band that comes with it as well. This flashlight started my obsession with Olight flashlights and now I have about 1/2 dozen. But this one is still the one I carry every day.
- Bought a 2nd because the wife was stealing mine.Probably one of the best most versatile lights Olight makes. If you spend a lot of time off-grid or live off-grid with limited lighting like we will be doing. You need a good headlamp at night when preserving solar battery power. This light will let you read in bed, light up the cabin and light up the outdoors when you have to make that trip to the outhouse at 2am and the wildlife is out and about. Bought a 2nd for my wife for her birthday. Olights are the EDC for both of us. I don't go anywhere without and least 2.
- Great Flashlight, Really Decent HeadlightI've had this unit for months now and use the flashlight every day. It is capable of low output and several useful between stages with more light. The turbo mode is great for the occasional need for really bright light but it heats up the light very quickly and once burned hole in my jeans when I accidentally set it off. The light is easy to use, the right angle head and small size/weight is ideal for a carry-around light. The light is very tough and the two way clip is still working great after months of frequent daily use. The headset works very well with no fear of losing the light from it. It stays in place and as aimed. I do wish the light would charge faster. Recharging a low battery takes quite a while even with a good charger. I would absolutely recommend this light to a friend. AS a person with vision disability and non-existent night vision, this light is a lifeline for me. I intend to buy another as a backup so I don't have to worry about charging time. I have a charged backup battery now. I have multiple OLIGHT units and am very pleased with the quality of all. Having said that, this H2R unit is my favorite of favorites and has essentially retired my other famous brand name good flashlights.
- Awesome light!Great Light! I gave my SRII baton away to a good friend in need. So I bought this gem, prefect for my needs. All around great light for every application.
- Great worklight,Automotive,Hunting, anything your doing & need both hands.Very bright worklight, excellent for mechanic work, Skinning Deer anything that requires both hands free, it's great. It's also the brightest headlamp I own ,out of 3. A great Worklight, it makes a lot of tasks a lot easier.
- Excellent design for hands free work.The size and direction of the light make it easy to use regardless of what you are wearing. Turbo is highly effective for lighting wooded areas.
- Awesome lightI use a head lamp daily on my property. This head lamp is amazing and brightness compares with nothing else. Super long battery life. Very happy with product
- I really like this light, and carry it everyday.I really like this light and the headband that comes with it, which is why I ordered this model. I carry this light everyday, and it sits on my nightstand at night. I love the moonlight mode. Shipping was very fast and I am totally satisfied with this light.
- Great lightI used the headlamps every night on my 15 hour shifts at work attached to my hard hat
- The BESTI have at least 10 products from Olight from the Barton to the warrior to the PL mini & PL mini 2. HR2 W/Head Strap. My every day carry is the M1 T Raider And you got to have many extra batteries for each product I have tried others in the industry. Olight is the best by far you will not go wrong when you purchase an Olight they’ve got you covered. I usually do not write reviews but when you come across a product that is hands-down the best there is you’ve got to tell others. So thank you Olight & thank you for your dedication. I will be a customer until the doors close .
- So far so goodSo far the H2R has been working flawlessly. Last a long time and is extremely bright but it can give a very low brightness as well. My only issue with it was i wear on my hardhat at work all day and it doesn't want to stay on. No rubber on the back of the headband so i had to wire it to my hardhat. Otherwise it's great
- Excellent Hard Hat LampI bought this for my hard hat as I work night shift in the gas and oil industry. Largely using the low setting i can get almost a week of 12hr shifts without charging. I love having multiple output levels so I can adjust as needed. I purchased a spare battery at the same time so once one has run down I can just switch it out to charge. I highly recommend this product especially for those who are sick of having to buy AA batteries constantly.
- Great!I’ve been looking for a good reasonably priced headlamp for quite a while and when I saw your Elite Sale, I jumped on it. It works exactly as I had hoped and the fact that it’s rechargeable and convertible makes me want to give it ten stars.
- Favorite Olight I ownThis is my go to edc light, I work on a lot of dark areas and this light makes it all possible. If I had to have only one light it would be this one.
- Convince and PowerPurchased to replace another headlamp with a beam that was too narrow. This one has a much better beam for close to medium range tasks. Turbo gets hot fast, but the three main modes are used in most situations. Moonlight is out of the way, but accessible from off..NICE! Charging is a snap and you can use (but not charge in the light) regular, button top 18650's in a pinch too. Overall, it's a solid light. It compliments my Warrior X nicely.
- Very brightI got the H2R to use when mowing in the evening when hot out. I mow 5 acres with a 61 inch zero turn mower. This light was perfect I could see everything I needed to without mowing slowly.
- Great little lite!I use this for edc carry and i love it! 2300 lumens at a double click and darkness retreats rapidly as the olight shines bright! The magentic charger setup is awsome ive chargered it in my car off powerbbanks of all kinds supper nice and convient with usb ports every where.the light itself is well made smooth threads ,great pocket clip design with lots of spring! As a headlamp this baby rocks it! I where it on the weekends coon hunting or just trail hiking and scouting in the darkness it has every brightness level u could need.and that moon light mode is amazing in total darkenss for me.super durable as its been used for many under water adventures as well as droped off moving vehcivles this light is solid.just bought the s2r for my next review! Thanks olight great product!
- ExcellentI’m not a big turbo user, but when needed, this thing is insane!
The 90° format is really useful, especially when paired with a magnetic tail. The headband works great. On the head, it’s a teeny bit heavy, but not bothersome—well worth the runtime and power afforded by an 18650 battery.
- Love It!!This thing has been amazing. The lower modes are great and the turbo is pretty impressive. The diffused lens lights up everything in front of you and actually projects pretty far. I dont go camping without it. The magnet makes it great fir working on the truck in the dark. It will hold on nice and strong. I keep it in my toolbag at work, which is always in my truck.i use this thing on a daily basis and i love it. Olight hit a home run with this one! 5 STARS!!!
- Love this HeadlightThis is my first olight, Im thrilled with the light, I had a small issue, contacted support and it was taken care of. Great product FANTASTIC customer care
- excellentMy favorite light by far ! Olight in general seem to be great values. I have may other brands, abeit older, that simply can't match up with Olight. The HR2 is my ever day carry. I use it constantly. Battery seems to "last forever". I would buy it again...oh, i do have two now. Fully reccomended.
- I use this for work everyday I do repair work in low light areas and this works great comfortable weather wearing a cap or not easy to adjust and turn on and off with gloves on and the battery life is incredible I recharge every other day thanks for a great tool that makes my life easier!
- THIS LIGHT IS FLIPPIN BRIGHT!! the #1 all around light IMO. If you could just choose one light, this is the light.
- Great little all around light. Lights up my whole back yard. If you're looking for a do-it-all light, this is the light for you.
- I love this light. I honestly take it with me everywhere now. Use almost nightly to walk the dog and since I got it there have been so many times used where it made life so much easier. Like the night I had new windows temporarily stored in the garage and had to run outside to cover my displaced tractor with plastic before a thunderstorm. I also use it for reading and just to brighten my work bench area. Hands free is bliss.
- Olight malfunctioned so I asked for a replacement and they sent one right away. Bought the h1r thinking maybe the h2r nova was a bad model and that one malfunctioned as well. I will stay away from the novas. All the other lights are excellent.
- The H2R Nova is by far my most used Olight, and I own several. I use this light every night when walking my German Shepherd. The ability to use it on low when getting up at night to switching it to high when outside is great. The output on Turbo is insane. It completely lights up my yard and beyond. The beam pattern is great for the kind of work it was designed for. Although this comes with both a headband and a clip, I use the headband all of the time. It is easy to recharge with the magnetic tail cap and the run time on it is VERY good. I only need to charge it twice per month, and I use it EVERY NIGHT, 7 days per week!
- I have 2 and one is defective. 50% chance are these lights.
Also after a while the battery will begin to malfunction after 4 months or so.
- This could be a 5 Star light. ADD both a 1000 and 300 lumen mode, along with a longer runtime turbo of say 1500 lumens for 3-5 minutes and you would have a winner. Turbo at 2000 lumens on Neutral white became too hot just after 9-10 seconds. NOT GOOD. Almost unusable and a peak lumen marketing gimmick. JUST MAKE A GREAT USER INTERFACE AND THAT WILL SELL ITSELF. Finish quality is really amazing. REV 2 COMING WHEN??
- I received this as an additional item when I purchased a M20SX Javelot. That is an amazing flashlight for a different review.
The HR2 Nova works well in extreme cold weather. However while in -20’s the light the begins to strobe and stops when it is placed in a warmer environment.
Great light output and impressive beam. I used it on multiple contacts during traffic stops and received a couple complements on the brightness. I did recommend this light to a couple of coworkers. I would recommend this light to anyone that appreciates a quality light.
- Yup, Olight does it again. Great machining and easy to operate. The magnetic base makes it easy to tail stand while working in awkward positions in the car and plenty bright (which was kind of a problem with other flashlights). Good compromise with a wider beam profile (fresnel-like lens) so you're not trying to contort yourself in small places to see. The 2300 lumen mode is great to have in such a small package. Gets hot to hold after a while but not bad because it auto switches to a lower level. Olight doesn't say it (or recommend it probably) but their proprietary battery works great in my X7 Marauder too.
- I am a flashlight enthusiast, and the H2R Nova is by far, one of my favorite flashlights. It is small and portable, but powerful at the same time. The quality of the light impressed me, and it packs a couple cool features in it.
I would recommend this flashlight to people.
- Very happy with the quality of this flashlight. I enjoy being able to use it with the headband as well as a compact yet very bright handheld. The battery life is great and the in-flashlight USB charging is very convenient. The Turbo mode has incredible brightness but only for 1 minute before it ramps down to 750 lumens, which is still quite bright.
- The magnetic and silicone clasp mounting base is really nice, definitely my favorite feature. It allows the light to me easily mounted on and off very quickly, but still held securely. The build quality is excellent as always with Olight products, the large button on top is very nice and easy to operate. The double bent clip is awesome as well, hope they would make one available for their regular 18650 flashlights. Overall this is a fantastic light for the money, better value than other competitors at the same price.