Olight Brand Promise
For years, Olight has spared no effort in creating high-quality and reliable illumination tools, which enable us to have the best partners and fans worldwide. While creating classic and popular products with technology breakthroughs, we also have lessons to learn. "Tardy logistics, excessive color alternation, the lack of innovation …” these are the voices driving our deep self-reflection. To Olight, A flashlight is not only an illumination tool but a responsibility to protect, bridge friendships, and provide a silent companion. Therefore, we have decided to change and make the following commitments:
We commit that Olight will practice “continual technology & product innovation” and provide an “excellent customer experience” from every aspect under the guideline principles of “customer-orientation”.
We're on the move with some incredible measures and actions to fulfill our promise. The changes and achievements may not look obvious right now, but we believe that you will see them soon!
Hereby, we sincerely invite and welcome everyone to witness and oversee our transition to these new and updated policies. We more than welcome any suggestions, comments, criticism, or ideas that may help Olight to do better in the future. With that said, feel free to always contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our dedicated team will follow up with all feedback, whether it’s trivial or crucial.
We firmly believe that during our journey to illuminate the world, there is a better way and brighter place out there with your involvement.
About Products and Innovation
Olight will continue to focus on delivering more reliable and innovative lighting products.
● Quality First
At Olight, we take great importance with our product quality.
From raw materials to final products, quality control runs through every step of production with our quality management information system. Raw materials are inspected under strict quality standards and MIL-STD-105E AQL acceptance standards before assembling. Product quality can be checked in real-time and traced throughout the entire process. Any abnormal performance that occurs will trigger the alert system and be handled in a timely manner. Reliability sampling tests such as an aging test, packaging test, waterproof test, drop test, etc. will be carried out and those that don’t qualify will be recognized and handled in a timely manner as well. All products before shipment will be rigorously inspected with their appearance and function.
To strengthen our manufacturing and quality control abilities, we are also introducing our automatic manufacturing equipment and the Olight Manufacturing Execution System (OMES).
Quality is always #1.
● Continual Innovation
To Olight, the product is our basis while innovation is the root. Olight will continually increase R & D investments with a 2x the input over the next 2 years, while exploring a sustainable development path driven by innovation.
1. Keep iterations of our classic product series to achieve better performance with user experience enhancements.
2. Expand into new lighting categories to meet the needs of various applications from customers and enrich the users’ scenarios.
3. For materials, colors, and process innovation, we will strictly limit quantities and provided users with a superior experience.
4. Keep the“O-designer” program thriving. Listen to the voice of customers, and try to push their constructive ideas and product designs into real production.
Groundbreaking and industry-disrupting innovations do take time, but we firmly believe that this is possible. Since we have already made up our minds to focus on our core functions and are willing to invest in R & D, we believe that our customers will see incredible products releasing one after another.
About Customer Service
Olight Continues to Provide Excellent Service
At Olight, we will always strive to create an inspiring and personalized experience while using our high-quality lighting products. We have received a lot of praise by bringing “Wow” experiences to our customers such as sending out birthday gifts, festival gifts, and a variety of other surprises. We plan on continuing to do this in the future. However, we also realized that we haven’t done well in some aspects like keeping customers waiting to solving a simple problem, bad after-sale experiences with limited edition products, unfulfilled membership benefits, and so on. To change that, we are taking the following measures:
● Consolidate after-sales service
We have already started some programs and are planning to take more measures to improve and consolidate after-sales service.
1. We have launched a self-service channel for after-sales products on olightstore.com recently. Customers can submit after-sales applications in their own accounts, and track the progress all by themselves.
2. We have also prepared accessories in advance that customers can replace themselves to improve the efficiency of solving simple problems.
3. Meanwhile, we are building an after-sale closed-loop system and conducting follow-up visits. Customer complaints during regular promotion periods will be solved within a week.
4. For limited edition products, we will reserve a certain quantity of inventory and related accessories for after-sales purposes.
5. For products that have been discontinued and out of stock, we will offer two options: send back for repair or replace with an upgraded product.
● Update membership benefits
To give back to our customers, we have always attached a large importance to membership benefits. We will fulfill what has been listed and makeup for the unfulfilled members this year.
We have already upgraded the membership benefit engraving section, allowing qualified members to custom engrave their bundled products now. Besides this, the following points will also be strictly carried out as promised.
1. We will strictly perform the benefit of Early Access, and inform you in advance if there are any special situations.
2. The gifts in the Preferential Zone will be further enriched, allowing bronze level customers or higher to get them for free.
3. New limited-edition products will be updated in the Exclusive Limited-Edition Zone.
Customer service including after-sales service, membership services, and “Surprise Gift” services is one of the core features of our Olight “customer-oriented” brand promise. We will continually provide excellence and exceed service expectations.
About Shopping Experience
Olight Promises to Provide a Smooth and Delightful Shopping Experience
As a lighting company mainly dependent on R&D and manufacturing, we must admit that we have experienced a lot of e-commerce growing pains like website crashes, slow speeds, functional errors, and other problems. Thanks to the patience and support of our customers and fans, we have finally set up and released a self-built networking system with over a year of hard work from our IT Team. This has thoroughly solved all website crashes and major glitches. Since December of 2021, our website has been performing optimally. We also have made some optimizations with a 33% speed increasing with loading pages. In terms of our current payment process, we will upgrade to "order generated while payment" that our customers are more accustomed to, and we will add more payment options for convenience.
Apart from IT-related aspects, we are also working on regulating the accessory section to list more necessary options to meet customers’ needs. For out-of-stock products, the product description will remind you of the product arrival date.
Efforts may take time, changes may seem slow. However, we hear your voice and are truly changing and improving. Just wait and see our results!
Olight Strives to Improve Logistics Delivery Efficiency
Our new 20, 000 square feet warehouse located in Virginia state has already been in use since March 2022.
With a smart sorting system and multi-lines, the new warehouse can handle the daily delivery of at least 20, 000 orders, which will be continually enhanced in the future.
Our goal is not only to build up a large American Central Warehouse, but also a European Central Warehouse, both with a modern and smart storage and sorting system. We will also set up the corresponding local warehouse in the Asia-Pacific area one by one to elevate our logistic efficiencies worldwide.
Our resolutions are aligned with our actions, we will spare no efforts to make things happen. Let’s look forward to a better and faster logistics experience together!
Again, we sincerely invite all of you to join our improvements and we welcome any opinions and suggestions at our feedback mailbox email@example.com. We will follow up, listen to your suggestions, and implement improvements.
Let’s conquer the darkness and possess happiness to light up the world at anytime, anywhere.
Brand Promise Progress In Q4
About Products Progress
1. Warrior Mini 2 Battle Green sold out in December.
2. The Odin Design Competition has been successfully concluded.
About Customer Service Progress
1. During the flash sales, after-sales orders were usually concluded within 2 days, and they were completed the same day during non-flash sale periods.
2. For Marauder Mini pre-sale and split orders, our customers were notified in a timely fashion of the latest logistics progress and order status. On the 1st of each month or during the flash sales, we offered surprise gifts for customers to exchange in the redemption area to meet the requests of our customers.
3. We prepared Halloween gifts in October, Thanksgiving gifts in November, and i3T Friendship gifts in December for loyal fans who are active in our Facebook group and fans who strongly supported us during the Black Friday Flash Sale.
4. We created 10 gifts in the fourth quarter and delivered 35,354 gifts in total.
5. We have arranged dedicated staff to follow up on customer email feedback, with an average response time of 2 hours for emails received on weekdays and during daytime shifts on weekends.
About Website Functionality/User Experience:
1. We made the Notify-Me emails available, and we now send emails to remind customers who subscribe to notifications when temporarily out of stock products that they are interested in are replenished the first time.
2. We offer DIY Bundles again, which provides more bundle options, so that customers can freely select the bundled products of their choice.
3. We added both search and sorting functions to the Blog, so that customers can search past blog posts according to their needs.
4. A price sorting function was added to the mobile website category page.
5. We added the entrance of points task to the member center page of the desktop website.
6. Optimized some user interactions on the website, such as removing the live chat pop-up window on the mobile website, along with optimizing the secondary category display on the mobile website, fixing the mobile website bottom navigation bar on each page, and optimizing the mobile website top navigation bar on the product details page to enhance brand perception and facilitate customers quickly returning to the home page from each page, etc.
7. Added email suffix association to the login/registration page, forgot password page, order submission page, home page, email subscription page, and personal center/account security page on the desktop website to facilitate customers filling in their emails.
1. We offered accessories as much as possible during the flash sales.
2. We launched 10 new accessories in Q4.
About Out of Stock Products
1. We added a reminder of the arrival date for temporarily out of stock products.
2. The Notify-Me function has been available since 16th November, and it has already reminded 19K fans of their favorite products.
3. In order to remind as many fans as possible, products will be listed on the website for a short time after they are sold out before being removed from the website.
1. During Q4, we tried our best to guarantee the accuracy of WMS inventory data.
2. Arranged with the logistics company to pick up packages twice during flash sale time periods.
3. During flash sale time periods, we have prepared a truck to deliver these packages to the USPS Merrifield Sorting Facility directly, which saves a significant amount of transportation time, since USPS pickup service ends at 6:00 PM.
Brand Promise Progress In Q3
About Products Progress
We created two Facebook Group Member-exclusive products in collaboration with and available exclusively to Facebook Group Members: i5R Zombie Green and Warrior Mini 2 Battle Green. The members of the group voted on their favorite designs.
About Customer Service Progress
1. The after-sales process in the U.S. warehouse runs smoothly and it is consistently completed within a week during a non-sales period. However, during a sales period, the after-sales process is comparatively slow due to the large volume of shipments from the warehouse and the failure to update shipping information in a timely manner.
2. In order to improve the membership system and provide a better member experience, we updated the membership system on September 1. The updated membership system added one new level and three new benefits, and four existing benefits were modified. At the same time, the About O-Fan Club page was edited to introduce and explain the membership system more clearly and concisely.
3. On the first day of every month, surprise gifts are put in Redemption Zone to meet increased customer demand for surprise gifts. Surprise gifts are put in Preferential Zone regularly for customers to obtain for free as well.
4. We always prepare surprise gifts with the products in every month’s Flash Sale, and we create gifts comprised of either exclusive birthday products and handwritten greeting cards or birthday morale patches and greeting cards for customers with birthdays that month.
5. We awarded eight different prizes to a total of 179 customers in September.
6. All incoming customer emails are followed up on by a designated person in charge, and the average response time for weekday emails is within two hours. Customer service staff are scheduled for day shift on Saturdays to further optimize response time during peak periods.
About Shopping Experience Progress
In order to improve the customer shopping experience, a total of three phases of the website optimization project were implemented in July. The first and second phases of the website optimization experience project have been completed, with a total of 22 and 35 points of optimization, respectively. The third phase of the mall optimization experience project is underway, focusing on optimizing the mobile website.
We re-optimized the layout of the navigation bar and classification layout according to the different dimensions of the products so that customers can better choose according to their preferences. We have added the Community to create a community in the mall and better listen to the voices of our fans. We have added the Redemption Zone——Vouchers area to enrich the use of O-coins. The Mystery Box was brought back after a nine-month hiatus. As many accessories as possible were added during the Flash Sale, and a total of five new accessories were added in Q3 to meet the accessory needs of customers. We always state the date of arrival for temporarily out-of-stock products, and the In Stock Notification function will soon be up and running. Customers interested in purchasing temporarily out-of-stock products will be notified by email after the arrival of the product(s) they want. We display the PayPal installment payment information under the title of the product listings so that customers can easily understand the monthly payment amount if they elect to use this payment method.
About Logistics Dimension Progress
During the Flash Sale, we took a series of measures, such as negotiating with tail-end logistics providers for multiple pickups per day to ensure that customers receive their orders as soon as possible, thereby improving the logistics timeline.
Brand Promise Progress In Q2
About Products Progress
To bring our customers more reliable products, we have focused on better controlling the quality of batteries by rigorously testing their safety performances through newly-introduced testing equipment. This is including a Battery Extrusion Needle Punch Tester, Battery Weight Impact Tester, and Battery Thermal Shock Tester, all to help ensure our batteries comply with the strictest safety standards.
A brand-new version will has been added to the Obulb Series in July! Please stay tuned.
We always strive to improve and bring you more visible outcomes, both in quality and innovation.
About Customer Service Progress
1. The after-sales maintenance service section has been launched on our official website. All customers can submit after-sales maintenance applications on www.olightstore.com and can check the progress of their submission as well.
2. O-Fan Club members Bronze level and above can get gifts! There is a new gift or special product every quarter. At the same time, we will continue to enrich other member area products as well.
3. We have prepared surprise gifts and follow up on the needs of our fans every month. We also have prepared more personalized and unique surprise gifts for our fans to give them an exclusive experience.
4. Customer complaint emails have been replied to within 8h during business hours, and we will take care of customers who have not been addressed within a week.
About Shopping Experience Progress
In April, we added a new payment method (Venmo) to enrich customers' payment options. In May, an estimated arrival time description was added to the temporarily out-of-stock products to facilitate users who are concerned about when they can make a purchase in the future. At the same time, all sold-out and discontinued products on the website were also removed. With these changes, customers can quickly find the products they need on the website. In June, a back and memory button was added to each page of the website to make website operations more convenient. To meet our customers' accessory needs, from April until now, we have put as many accessories on the shelves as possible during our monthly Flash sales. In July, Olight has also taken a series of measures to optimize the website and customer experience. Stay tuned!
About Logistics Dimension Progress
The American VA Center has been built and put into operation. An average of 3.96 days from order placement to receipt has been reached.