S2R Baton II
● CW LED with a maximum output of 1,150 lumens
● Includes a 3200mAh 18650 rechargeable lithium battery which is charged magnetically through the tailcap charging cable
● Three-color power level indication show the power levels
● Brand-new TIR lens design producing a perfectly balanced beam
● Flat tailcap with a strong magnet allowing the ability to use as a hands-free work light
- Technical Details
The S2R Baton II is the upgraded version of the popular S2R Baton predecessor.
It has a compact build (5% shorter than S2R Baton) for easy grip and portability.
The light can produce a maximum output of 1,150 lumens including an upgraded TIR lens that produces a perfectly balanced beam.
It has several modes to choose from including three standard modes, turbo, moonlight, and strobe.
The S2R Baton II features a battery indicator located on the side switch so you always know when to charge. It boasts a new MCC II magnetic charging system to ensure faster charging in a smaller form factor.
The S2R II also features a dual direction pocket clip for enhanced everyday carry.
- CW LED with a maximum output of 1,150 lumens.
- Includes a 3200mAh 18650 rechargeable lithium battery which is charged magnetically through the tailcap charging cable.
- Features a battery indicator located on the side switch so you know when to charge. Indicator glowing green (Battery remaining>70 % ), indicator glowing yellow(Battery remaining 15-70%), indicator glowing red (Battery remaining<15%).
- Portable faster charging MCC II USB charging cable provided in the package.
- Brand-new TIR lens design producing a perfectly balanced beam.
- Flat tailcap with a strong magnet allowing the ability to use as a hands-free work light.
- Multi-function side switch with five brightness levels, plus a strobe mode.
|Beam Distance (ft)||443|
|Beam Distance (m)||135|
|Max. Performance (lumens)||1150|
|Charge type||Magnetic USB charge base|
|Compatible Batteries||customised 18650|
|Light Intensity (candela)||4600|
|Light Form||Wide/broad hotspot. Perfect for up close illumination.|
|Lens / Reflector Type||TIR reflector (big, defined wide hotspot)|
|Mode Operation||Side Switch|
|Form/Size Factor||Medium size (Permanent Marker)|
|Series||Series S (EDC, General Use)|
|LEVEL 1 (lumens)||1150|
|Run-time LEVEL 1|
|LEVEL 2 (lumens)||400|
|Run-time LEVEL 2|
|LEVEL 3 (lumens)||120|
|Run-time LEVEL 3|
|LEVEL 4 (lumens)||15|
|Run-time LEVEL 4|
|LEVEL 5 (lumens)||0.5|
|Run-time LEVEL 5|
|SOS / BEACON||No|
|Weight (g / oz)||98.5 / 3.47|
|Length (mm / in)||100 / 3.94|
|Head Diameter (mm / in)||23 / 0.91|
|Body Diameter (mm / in)||23 / 0.91|
|Led||Luminus SST-40 CW LED|
|Use||everyday carry , key-chain, car, camping, fishing, household, EDC, general use|
- BuenoLove the light would be better if it had the on/off button on the end of the light as opposed to the side.
- Excellent EDCLove the light.
- Great At Home/On Desk LightsI have 3 different SR2 Baton IIs around the house now. One on my bedside, one on my desk and another as a spare. One or the other is used daily. I love the light output and the feel in the hand. I am particularly in love with the Cu version. It sits on my desk and I fiddle with it constantly, but its a bit heavy for everyday carry (thats for my S1R Baton).
- Great lightThis light has a lot of punch for it's size. i use it every day at a automotive technician and it dose everything I ask it to donuts hands free when I need it light weight and very bright to see what I'm looking at it's a all around great light
- Well roundedI love the light, have the limited greed model and its a nice improvement over the s2r with the improved grip and battery indicator. Buy it you will not be disappointed.
- My FAVORITE EDC light!This is the best (in my opinion) EDC light. Excellent in all categories!
Stop thinking about it and buy one (or two)!
- Great lightIt is a great size everyday carry light with a powerful beam and long battery life. My only complaint is the on off switch is easily turned on in the pocket. If it had a tail switch it would be the perfect light
- Amazing lightSo far loving my s2r baton! Got it in copper so picks of a great patina. Use it every day at work and still have yet to charge it. Would highly recommend this light!
- Great edcMore than a great light . Bought in black awhile ago and amazed at the build being so perfect and solid . Liked so much on black friday sale had to get the s2r baton ii cu . Again a perfect build and solid . Great job olight . Only changes i would like is maybe 1450 lumans in titanium . Also full bezel .
Thanks again olight for a superior light.
- My go to flashlight.This is by far the best single flashlight I have ever owned. I am 61 and have loved flashlights for a long time. Of course you should also have a S1R in your pocket/purse/etc and this one is not much bigger.
There is one flashlight I wish they would bring back, it was the one that ran on a single AA or 14500. I did not get one in time. After the last sale I am now up to six Olights. Plan on buying at least one a year going forward.
- Ultimate edc lightBought a few months ago and had time to use it constanly . Lights up my yard and some . Battery seems to last forever . It is an excellent pocket light .l also bought the s2r baton 11cu .and again love it . Olight would you please make this one out of titanium! Also i dont know if possible but the bezel would be nice if it covered the edge of light. Again olight excellent job on a world class company with world class products .
- S2R Baton llI received this light as a free gift for spending over $$$ on the Christmas sale. Wow this light is almost as good as the Baton Pro. Not much noticeable difference in total lumens. This one actually shines farther with less flood area. Great light and good companion for the S1R Baton ll.
- The tiny beastIve gotten two of these lights free from olight spending 200$ or more on their flash sales. I carried an s30r for years until turbo stopped working so i now carry the s2r ll. On turbo this light is awesome for its size, versatility wise this light might be the best flashlight youll ever purchase. Ive beaten the ever living crap out of one of them and it still thinks its brand new.
- King of all EDCI've been a long fan of olight and this S2R baton 2 does not disappoint. This is the bigger brother of the smaller S1R and this is probably one of the smallest if not the smallest 18650 light that's out on the market. I can say with confidence the quality of Olight is among one of the best even comparing to other brands like Fenix, Thrunite and Nitecore. Like many of us here who own probably a drawful of lights, Olight stands out from the crowd with it's simple but very useful UI and output levels are well spread out between low med and Hi. Love the magnetic charging feature, sand design of the light. If anyone who is looking for a compact everyday carry 18650 light then look no further. This even includes a blue and black deep carrying clip. Very thoughtful of Olight and it's much appreciated.
- S2R Baton II started my love affair.I had purchased my S2R II from there Amazon store, hadn't seen the first lumen from it and was impressed. I thought this light will probably outlive me (excluding the battery) and 6 months later after being dropped more than a dosen times with all the scapes and dents I still believe that it will.. I don't know how I made it without this light . I purchased the i3E,plus i1R EOS and even though all three will meet any of my needs, Im still gonna purchase more of there products . You can never have to many good pocket knives or Olight flashlights . Im officially a Olight fan boy.
- Great light, button could be bigger.Great light, my only gripe is the button could be a little bigger and be recessed into the handle so there would be less chance of accidentally pressing it.
- Still my favorite!I own a lot of Olights & love them all. Beautiful workmanship & features, they've never failed me. But this S2RII is the one I reach for in a pinch. Nice size (even fits in girls' jeans pockets, smaller than guys'), super bright if needed, L-O-N-G battery life, feels perfect in my hand. The low moonlight mode is ideal for being able to see but not make your presence obvious. I'm in agreement with others here--please make the S2RII available in finishes like titanium & desert tan color. I'm waiting for that to happen so I can buy more.
- New Favorite LightPros:
There are quite a few things that are positive about this light. First, right off the bat, a 2000 lumen output is incredibly high and if I feel the need to hit the turbo option I want as much light as possible. Even when just on high the extra 200 lumens that were added from the S2R Baton 2 are a big help. Naturally, you do give up some runtime with these output levels, but I rarely have a problem with battery life. I use flashlights frequently throughout my day and I want as much light as possible. I can always seem to find a spot to charge them. As far as the size and grip, the Baton Pro fits great in my hand. I prefer the little bit of added length and heft as I like when a tool takes my entire grip. I just like that security. Like with most of Olight's flagship EDC products, I have gotten used to the side switch and am happy to have it if it means the incorporation of a magnetic base. I constantly find myself sticking these lights on metal surfaces so that they are secure and accessible. Speaking of side switches I appreciate the addition of an indicator light so that you always see when you need to charge as well as when the interface is locked out. The lockout function has become another feature that I look for after becoming so comfortable with Olight products.
There are a few areas that I definitely need to point out. First, just to reiterate, I don't have a problem with the runtimes but I know that for some people that might be a problem. My biggest complaint is honestly the pocket clip. For one, I wish that Olight would have included a black clip as well so that I could have switched it out. I could swap the one that is on my S2R Baton 2 but they are slightly smaller. Additionally, they did make the clip a bit larger for the increased size but I think they could have designed it to ride deeper in your pocket. The size is nice for usage but it also means that it sticks out of my pocket just a bit too much for my liking. Lastly, I cannot ignore the price. Obviously $90 can be a lot for a flashlight, which is why I only ever buy on sales. Now frankly, to me, that is a hefty price tag for what seems like a simple tool, but for the most part, I never really feel like Olight products are overpriced for the quality you are getting. It's just something for you to consider obviously.
As I mentioned earlier, I have been carrying this light ever since I picked one up at launch. There are a couple of issues that I dislike, however, for the most part, it does exactly what I need it to do. As in throw a ton of light in a relatively compact package. I already liked the S2R Baton 2 and figured this little bit of an upgrade would do the trick; I think I was right. Overall, I plan on continuing to carry this light for the foreseeable future as it gets the job done when I need it.
- S2R Baton IIOlight is awesome. They continue to put out great products. I purchased this light in the limited edition green. The color is sweet. This light is perfect for EDC or having as your go to light at home or in the vehicle.
This light is super bright with a maximum output of 1,150 lumens. It also comes with an awesome easy to use magnetic charger that keeps your light fully charged and ready to use. Can’t say enough about Olight. They are awesome and super easy to deal with.
- Great EDCI really like this light and have used it as my EDC for the past several months. My only wish is that it offered the capability to reverse the pocket clip so that it could be deep pocket carried with the lens down. I’ve scratched the lens due to it being carried with the lens up.
- Great EDC FlashlightI originally bought the M2T Warrior and used that for a while since it had great tactical features. While it's an amazing flashlight, obviously it was a little too big. So I ended up buying the S2R II Baton and it's perfect. I EDC this flashlight every day and use it every day. The battery life is great as well, I've had this light for about 4 months and I've charged it only once or twice. Perfect flashlight, great features. I would definitely buy more.
- The Chosen OneThis was my first Olight. I didn't get it because it was the best for one thing. I got it because it does some of everything and it does it for a long time. Out of all my lights it may not be my absolute favorite to look at but no matter where I go or what I'm doing I never leave my house without this particular light. I keep my S1r II for a back up or if I'm going to need a head lamp at work or something but The S2R baton II never fails and I use it EVERY DAY and only charge between it every couple weeks to a month. I always know it will last as long as I need it. I just look forward to having it come in other colors or matals. Desert tan or a titanium version would be amazing.
- First Olight which had evertyhing perfect for meI have two now. I use them for EDC for work. I work in professional services for datacom and telecom. I use the magnet when pulling wire in the ceiling to locate my target for the pull. I use it in server racks. I use under desks looking the jack on the wall. I'm going to try the small version on this Labor Day flash sale. PLEASE Olight, make more of this in different finishes.
- Best EDC Ever?I own and have tried many different flashlights looking for the perfect flashlight to carry every day. I was leery of the lens up carry, but have come to love it. On other flashlights when the switch is accidentally pressed you have no idea your light is on – not so with the S2R Baton II! Speaking of accidentally turning it on, with all the other lights I’ve carried this has been a problem. I have never had an accidental turning on of my Baton. Props for the switch placement. The battery also lasts forever! I absolutely love this light and all my other flashlights are jealous of my OLIGHT. This was the first of my now 5 OLIGHTS. Love them all.
- Great EDC, Never lost poeerThis light & my S1R2 is defenitly my every day carry, I've always got an S1R1 or S1R2 on me, and at night I've usually got the S2R2 because of the runtime. I have had no problems with any of these lights, except the battery light is a little dim on the S2R2, it's a little off center under the button ,to the left, but still works correctly. Not a problem worth sending it in or back!.
- A Fine Lighting InstrumentThe S2R Baton II is a high quality, feature packed, lighting instrument. All Olights actually output the lumens that are advertised. I have measured every Olight that I own and they all equal to or slightly exceed their advertised outputs in lumens. This is a bright, rugged and reliable flashlight. It is great for EDC, as a car light or as a nightstand light for use in an emergency power outage. I love the magnetic tail cap and the unique magnetic tail cap USB charger. A must have flashlight for the enthusiast or for anyone desiring a versatile and reliable compact powerhouse.
- One of many in my Olight fleetThe S2R Baton 2 is one of the flashlights I keep around the house for taking the dog out at nighttime. Lights up the backyard completely, and holds a charge for months. The magnetic tailcap and pocket clip give you some nice hands-free options (attach it to your baseball hat for a makeshift headlamp!). This could also make a great EDC light, bedside “bump in the night” light or bug-out bag light. This one is kind of all-purpose!
- New FavoriteThis light is my daily go to light. Fits great in your hand and really bright. Great for sll occasions.
- My go to light.I can’t help but love this thing. I have to admit, I like the Seeker II better but find always find myself picking this one up instead. It works well. It’s a great size, has great features and is one of the best lights I own. There’s just no negative features.
- ExcellentThis is my go-to light for EDC and nightstand. It’s plenty bright and I loke the run times afforded by the 18650 format. It has survived a few modest drops onto concrete. I took it caving and was amazed; everyone was asking about it.
IMO it has the best price-to-performance ratio in the Olight brand. I just bought a second one.
- S2R. Baton 11I was extremely impressed with the light as to how much light brightness it gave out spot and flood. 1150 lumens in such a small flashlight, Olight you nocked this light out of the park great job and great quality and workmanship continue the great work you do, Stan.
- Amazing Flashlight!!This is now the 7th flashlight i own from Olight and it is one of the best. The size is perfect for EDC and the light this thing throws is just insane, i look forward to caring this light for years!!
- Excellent EDCI have carried this life everyday now for several months. Have not had one issue with it yet. Would recommend this light for anyone who is looking for a good EDC flashlight. Very bright on turbo mode.
- Best EDC light out thereI carry one of these every day, working maintenance in a factory. It's held up for over a year, still has amazing run time, hardly ever charge it. Turbo mode is too bright for all but the most demanding jobs, so it lasts even longer. I managed to loose it mowing and after looking for a week or gave up and bought another. Next mow I must have ran it over with the tire...when I passed by again I saw it lit up in the grass (in broad daylight) and it was still fine after being rained on all week (and ran over). I went back to carrying that one and it still runs perfect.
- Excellent for EDCThis like Olight's many other offerings is great quality for value I usually switch between this and the S1R for carry and I keep one of these lights in both vehicles. This is one light you can't go wrong with owning.
- WowI only wish it came in 3000K!
- S2R Baton III purchased this light on a flashsale that my buddy told me about. I am glad he did, this light is very handy and is in my pocket everyday. I never thought I would EDC a flashlight but Olight has changed that. Amazing quality and very intuitive to use.
- This is my workhorse daily carry. If you need long run time in a small package this is my suggestion. I just tested mine with an old regular 18650 and it worked fine, but obviously can't be charged in the light. I love this light!
- A very good light. Really. Aggressive grip texturing gives great tactile control over a very small package that could otherwise get lost in your hand. Unbelievable amount of light from something so small. sizable spill with a focused hot spot. if you prefer a smaller light that is still very bright, this light should be on your list. only criticism is the on/off switch, it's hard to feel in the dark, it could be improved on.
- First olight I ever bought and shortly after bought 4 more other products. This one seems like the best out of the ones I bought, even better than the pro seeker that I got. Will be aiming for the marauder soon.
- I bought this light during the Black Friday sale to replace my previous EDC light. Very bright and durable I use it at work for checking damage on vehicles for Valet and work I do in the garage, at home my apartment complex isn’t well lit and this lights it up extremely well. At home when the lights have gone out for the night I love the moonlight mode, provides just enough light to see without messing up my night vision when turn the light back out. My only complaint is I wish that the heat sinking was a bit better on turbo mode, all others it stays cool to the touch. Great light overall for my first Olight product and plan on getting more.
- Purpose of use: Security/Everyday Carry
To be completely honest this is the best flashlight I've ever owned, the brightest is amazing for the size. Great quality I use it to clear a school at 6:30am in the morning before the kids arrive while it's still dark outside.
- Bad ass light!!! I can't put it down! I aggravate every one around me trying to give them light.
- I love this little light works great, it's now part of my EDC and first time carrying a light period plus I don't even notice is there big plus. So I'll will be recommending this light to everyone. 2 thumbs up
- I purchased this during a flash sale a few weeks ago to replace a competitor’s light that broke and I couldn’t get support from the company. I use that at my job as a service advisor for a high end car company. I am extremely glad I bought this because of the multiple brightness levels and rechargeability. I have no worries that this will serve me well for many years to come!! Thanks Olight, for a quality product I can rely on!
- If your reading these reviews.....just pull the trigger and buy it! Light is awesome. I have zero negative to say about any of Olight's products. Granted I have not had them long but top notch quality!
- An immense amount of light from a very small package. Easily lights up an entire room. Nice spill, good hotspot, overall a nice wide beam. In my nightstand right next to my personal defense.
- I’m fairly new to Olight and I must say I love them already!! The S2Rll is a great EDC light and very bright I love the magnetic end! I bought it the day it was released and have already used it multiple times. U will not be disappointed if u decide to buy this light!
- Excellent little light with surprisingly long run times. Very convenient charging. In my top 5 olight flashlights. Worth every penny.
- Good build quality, nearly Indestructable, super bright, charger makes a solid connection.
- I finally got tired of spending $10 here and $15 there thinking I was going to get a decent EDC flashlight. So when I had the chance to finally get a good flashlight I went for this one.
I am not disappointed. The quality is top notch. And the different lighting features by only using one button are fantastic.
Plenty of light for such a small package.
I will be back for more flashlights as my wallet permits! Thank you for such a high quality product!
- Wow! You guys nailed this one out of the park... the size is perfect, it's blindingly bright, and the anodized blue clip really sets it apart from other. I am a USMC combat veteran, and I wish I had this while deployed. Keep up the great work, and God Bless. Semper Fi.
Btw- this is my 21st OLight ;)
- Just received this today, did my first impressions and review video and let me tell you how impressed I was! Very good quality and perfect attention to detail. This light exceeded my expectations that’s for sure. For the price you pay you will not be dissatisfied.
- Great light with tons of output (1150 lumens). Love the new design and the blue clip makes it look great! Magnetic charging to the tail cap works amazing.
- Love the first one, still going strong after all the abuse from being on the job everyday.
I'm sure the Baton II won't disappoint.